1. The Word of the Lord was unto me saying:
2. Son of Man, say to the Prince of Tyre: Thus said the Lord God, 'Because your heart was lifted up and you said: 'I am a god, I have taken my seat in the heart of the seas.' You are a man not a god, yet you have set your heart like the heart of god.
3. Lo you are wiser than Daniel,
All that is hidden is not too dim for you.
4. By your wisdom and your discernment you have amassed wealth,
you have set gold and silver in your treasuries.
5. By your great wisdom in trade you have increased your wealth,
Your heart became proud through your wealth.
6. Therefore, thus says, the Lord God, because you set your heart like a god,
7. Therefore I am about to set strangers, the most vicious of the nations, against you. They will draw their swords against the beauty of wisdom and defile your splendor.
8. They shall take you down to the Pit and you shall die the death of the slain in the heart of the seas.
9. Will you say, "I am a god" before those who slay you?
You are a man, not a god, in the hand of your slayers.
10. The death of the uncircumcized you shall die at the hand of strangers. For I have spoken. Utterance of the Lord God.
11. And the word of the Lord was unto me saying:
12. "Son of Man, lift up your dirge over the Prince of Tyre,
and say to him, 'Thus says the Lord God,
"You are the seal of (good) proportion, full of wisdom, perfect in beauty.
13. You were in Eden, the Garden of God,
Every precious stone was your covering:
Carnelian, topaz, jasper,
Chrysolite, beryl, and onyx,
Sapphire, carbuncle, and emerald.
Gold (comprised the) workmanship of your settings [lit, *your drums and your apertures*] on the day of your creation they were prepared.
14. With the anointed Cherub who overshadow I set you,
[or *you are the anointed Cherub who overshadows*]
[or *you are the Cherub with extensive and overshadowing (wings)*]
You were on God's holy mountain,
You were amid the fiery stones you walked to and fro.
15. You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, until inquity was found in you.
16. By the magnitude of your trading you were filled with violence and you sinned.
I slew you from the mountain of God, and I destroyed (you) O Cherub who overshadows, from amid the fiery stones. [or *The Cherub who overshadows destroyed you*]
17. You heart was lifted up because of your beauty,
You corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.
I cast you on the earth; before Kings I set you,
so that they could look down on you.
18. Because of your great sins and the inquity of your trading you have profaned you Holy Place. I have brought fire out from you, it will consume you and I will set you as dust on the earth before all those who see.