ENSP 982: Readings
Please note: Books are in the bookstore, as marked below: please don't recall library copies--I will place those on reserve
- Margaret Cohen, Profane Illumination: Walter Benjamin and the Paris of Surrealist Revolution (available in the bookstore)
- Jacques Derrida, Given Time: I. Counterfeit Money
- Fredric Jameson, The Political Unconscious: Narrative as a Socially Symbolic Act
- Gregory Ulmer, Heuretics: the logic of invention (available in the bookstore)
In addition to the books listed above, the following will be found on reserve:
- Gregory Ulmer, Teletheory: grammatology in the age of video
- Dynamic Documents
- NCSA's HTML Primer
- Netscape's Guide to HTML
- Tracy LaQuey, The Internet Companion
- Yahoo: Beginner's Guides to Computers and the Internet
- Mondo 2000 Interview with Brenda Laurel
- Robin Moore interviews Constance Penley and Andrew Ross about Technoculture
- Louise Wilson, "Cyberwar, God And Television: Interview with Paul Virilio"
- King Ludd: The Resistance to Technology (IATH-MOO Conference, 9/23/95)
Articles and Books:
- Roy Ascott, "The Architecture of Cyberception"
- Jean Baudrillard, "Pataphysics of Year 2000"
- Shannon Bell, "Kate Bornstein: A Transgender Transsexual Postmodern Tiresias"
- Gareth Branwyn, "The Desire to Be Wired"
- André Breton, "What is Surrealism?"
- Wes Cooper, "Virtual Reality and the Metaphysics of Self, Community and Nature"
- Guy Debord, The Society of the Spectacle
- Oliver Hockenhull, "Towards A Furious Philosophy Of The Discrete"
- P.K. Jamison, "Contradictory Spaces: Pleasure and the Seduction of The Cyborg Discourse"
- Kroker and Weinstein, "The Hyper-Texted Body, Or Nietzsche Gets A Modem"
- Joshua S. Lateiner, "Of Man, Mind and Machine: Meme-Based Models of Mind and the Possibility for Consciousness in Alternate Media"
- Elizabeth Lawley:
- "Computers and the Communication of Gender"
- "The Sociology of Culture in Computer-Mediated Communication: An Initial Exploration"
- "Discourse and Distortion in Computer-Mediated Communication"
- Geert Lovink, "The Media Gesture Of Data Dandyism"
- Tomasz Mazur, "Working Out the Cyberbody: Sex and Gender Constructions in Text-Based Virtual Space"
- William Mitchell, City of Bits
- Annalee Newitz, "Surplus Identity On-Line" (Bad Subjects Issue #18, Feb. 1995)
- Mark Pesce, "Final Amputation: Pathogenic Ontology in Cyberspace"
- Mark Poster, "Cyberdemocracy: Internet and the Public Sphere"
- Mark Poster, "Postmodern Virtualities"
- Elizabeth Reid, "Electropolis"
- Howard Rheingold, The Virtual Community
- Dianne Rothleder, "From False Consciousness To Viral Consciousness"
- Bruce Sterling, "A Short History of the Internet"
Sites and Collections:
- Bad Subjects
- Cybermind Texts
- Electronic Journal of Virtual Culture
- E-Ville Dialogues
- Fetishturgy at UFL
- Hakim Bey
- The Metaverse
- Postmodern Culture
- Show Your Fetish
- Situationist International Archive
- The Sunsite Communications Archive
- The Surrealism Server
- Yahoo Cyberculture Collection
ENSP 982 Index
English Department Server
IATH WWW Server
Maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Modified: Monday, 20-Oct-2008 14:42:58 EDT