From Oswald Garrison Villard, John Brown 1800-1859: A Biography Fifty Years After (1910, reprint, Gloucester, MA: Peter Smith, 1965), 678
3. Left Boston; arrived in Collinsville, Conn
4. Reached New York.
5-6. In New York.
7. At Troy.
9. At Keene, New York.
10. At Westport.
16. (Probably) Left North Elba for last time.
18. At West Andover, Ohio.
19. Left West Andover.
23. Akron, Ohio, and Pittsburg, Pa.
23-27. Bedford Springs, Bedford Co., Pa.
27-28. At Chambersburg.
30. Left Chambersburg; spent night at Hagerstown.
3. At Sandy Hook, Md. (Harper's Ferry)
12. (About) Moved to Kennedy Farm.
16-21. At Chambersburg with Frederick Douglass
27. At Chambersburg, en route to Philadelphia.
30. On his way back through Harrisburg.
1. At Chambersburg.
8. At Chambersburg.
16. (Sunday) Raid began.
17. In battle at Harper's Ferry.
18. Captured at daybreak.
19. Taken to Charlestown jail.
25. Trial begun.
Return to the John Brown Homepage