Kent and Jackson State: 1970-1990
Susie Erenrich, editor
176 pages with bibliography and photographs, perfect bound, paper, 1990, $15.00: ISBN: 1-885215-04-5.
You can order this text directly from us. Make check payable to Viet Nam Generation, PO Box 13746, Tucson, AZ 85732-3746. Purchase orders are accepted from schools and libraries, and can be emailed or faxed to 520-578-9208.
This text contains a balanced mixture of moving personal accounts and reflective, scholarly essays. Unlike most collections dealing with Kent State, this anthology does not treat Jackson State as a "sideshow." Erenrich's collection focuses seriously on the Jackson State shootings, and includes accounts from Jackson State witnesses.
- Susie Erenrich: Preface
- Kalí Tal: Introduction
- Peter Davies: Four Students: Address Delivered at Kent State, May 4, 1974 and A 1990 Postscript
- Tom Grace: Address Delivered at Kent State, May 4, 1984 and Address Delivered at Kent State, May 4, 1987
- Kendra Lee Hicks: A Tribute to Arthur Krause: Delivered at Kent State, May 4, 1989
- Martin Scheuer: Our Beloved Sandy Is Gone Forever
- Elaine Holstein: Anniversary: May 4, 1988
- Statement of the Governor, the Generals, the Command Officers, and the Guardsmen
- Statement by the Parents: January 4, 1979
- Holly Near: Twenty Years After
- John A. Peoples: The Killings at Jackson State University: May, 1970
- Tim Spofford: Lynch Street: The May, 1970, Slayings at Jackson State University
- Vernon Steve Weakley: Mississippi Killing Zone: An Eyewitness Account of the Events Surrounding the Murders by the Mississippi Highway Patrol at Jackson State University
- Gene Cornelius Young: May 15, 1970: The Miracle at Jackson State University
- Alan Canfora: The May 4 Memorial at Kent State University: Legitimate Tribute or Monument to Insensitivity?
- Miriam R. Jackson: Brothers and Sisters on the Land: Tent City, 1977
- Robert Stamps: Save The Pooch
- Tom Dietz: Simple Themes and Complex Reality in the Spring of 1970
- Carl Oglesby: On the Trouble at Kent State
- Ken Hammond: From Kent State to Tiananmen Square: Some Personal Reflections
- Joseph J. Lewis: Recalling the Kent State Killings
- Chris Butler: Beggar's Bullets: Captain Trips Bums Clevo or What A Short Dull Trip It Was
- Bill Whitaker: The Big Chill: The Stifling Effect of the Official Response to the Kent State Killings
- Galen Lewis: Kent State: What You Still Don't Know
- J. Gregory Payne: "Mediated Reality" of Kent State: The Friction between Fact and Fiction
- Scott L. Bills: The Sixties, Kent State, And Historical Memory