Swahili nouns, Class 7 - part of substance
- kitambo `short period of time'
- Proto-Swahili *kitambo, N + H
- kipindi `period of time'
- PSA *kipindi, N + H
- kibunzi `end of the year'
- kimo `height, measure'
- PSA *kimo, N + H, but SSED lists this as loan from
- cheo `measurement, size, rank'
- PSA *kyelo, N + H
- kititi `depth of the sea'
- kina `depth of sea'
- kiasi `measure, quantity, moderate amount'
- ki- in Arabic
- kibaba `unit of dry measure'
- No ki- in Arabic
- kiwanja `piece of ground' [cf. uwanja `open
space', Class 11]
- PSA *kiWanja, N + H
- kivuli`shadow, shady place' [cf. mvuli `shade',
- PSA *kivUli, N + H
Last Modified: Monday, 24-Apr-1995 11:13:43 EDT