Poplar Forest, Bedford County, Virginia
Description: House plan
Date: ca. 1801-1806?
Support: Paper AJ and/or AQ.
- Author: Nichols
- Title: Thomas Jefferson's Architectural Drawings
- Date: 1984
- Author: Thurlow and Berkeley
- Title: Jefferson Papers No. 7
- Date: ?
Plan of house, rooms designated in Anglo-Saxon, showing center block with octagonal projection and wings on either side with stairs in hyphens. Survey on reverse. Various papers glued together. On a photostat Fiske Kimball noted: "Plan of 1801-1806, related to early studies of Poplar Forest." (FDN)
- Description: House plan
- Location: entire page
- Octagon room
- Chambers on either side
- Description: Room designations
- Location: within spaces on plan
- Spraecende-cofe (Octagon room; translation: "speaking room")