A Bibliography of Viet Nam War Literature
Compiled by David A. Willson with Nancy Kendall
This text, made available by the Sixties Project, is copyright (c) 1993 by the Author or by Viet Nam Generation, Inc., all rights reserved. This text may be used, printed, and archived in accordance with the Fair Use provisions of U.S. Copyright law. This text may not be archived, printed, or redistributed in any form for a fee, without the consent of the copyright holder. This notice must accompany any redistribution of the text. The Sixties Project, sponsored by Viet Nam Generation Inc. and the Institute of Advanced Technology in the Humanities at the University of Virginia at Charlottesville, is a collective of humanities scholars working together on the Internet to use electronic resources to provide routes of collaboration and make available primary and secondary sources for researchers, students, teachers, writers and librarians interested in the 1960s.
- Baillie, Allan. Little Brother. London, Great Britain: Blackie & Son Ltd., 1985 (cloth cover, dust jacket).
[children's story of brothers escaping the war in Cambodia]
- Bunting, Eve. The Wall. (illustrated by Ronald Himler). New York: Clarion Books, 1990. (cloth cover, dust jacket).
[children's book about a boy and his father who visit the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and find the name of the boy's grandfather who was killed in the war]
- Caldwell, John C. Let's Visit Vietnam. New York: John Day, 1966 (cloth cover, dust jacket).
- Coutant, Helen (pictures by Vo-Dinh). First Snow. New York: Alfred A. Knopf (Borzoi Book), 1974.
["SUMMARY: With the help of her grandmother and the first snow she has ever seen, a little Vietnamese girl begins to understand how death can be accepted as a natural part of life." -- children's story]
- Donnelly, Judy. A Wall of Names: the Story of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. New York: Random House, 1991 (juvenile literature, "A Step 4 Book, Grades 2-4", large format paperback).
- Huynh Quang Nhuong. The Land I Lost. [ill. by Vo-Dinh Mai] New York: Harper & Row (Harper Trophy), 1982 (1st Harper Trophy edition, large format paperback).
- Nhuong, Huynh Quang.
[see: Huynh Quang Nhuong]
- Newman, Bernard. Let's Visit Vietnam. London: Burke Publishing Co., 1971, (c)1967 (cloth cover).
- Osborne, Leone Neal. Than Hoa of Viet-Nam. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1966.
[children's story about a boy and his family in a Vietnamese village, threatened by a prowling tiger (metaphor for the coming war?) -- written by the wife of a U.S. Army Colonel]
- Tran-Khanh-Tuyet. The Little Weaver of Thai-Yen Village. [written in Vietnamese by Tran-Khanh-Tuyet; translated into English by Christopher N.H. Jenkins & Tran-Khanh-Tuyet; illustrated by Nancy Hom] San Francisco: Children's Book Press, 1987 (rev. ed. -- original edition (c)1977).
[Children's book in both English and Vietnamese]